Description Production Engineer Physics (Vacuum Systems)
A very interesting position for an engineer who feels challenged in improving the production process to ensure product quality, short lead-times, high efficiency and ‘short time to market’ for Production.
To design, maintain, and optimize production processes and adapt to changed output requirements. Develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process. Support the Production in order to ensure product quality, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
As EF PS Production Engineer Vacuum Systems you mainly focus on assembly of parts of ultra-clean vacuum system and associated qualification steps within the NXE Machine production process. Vacuum knowledge is needed in many assembly steps and is therefore a very important part of the total cycle time. There is also a vacuum workcenter which is part of the MID work center in the cleanroom.Generic:
As EF Production Engineer you will contribute to the 4 main PE drivers:
- Decrease cycle time
- Decrease cost
- Increase efficiency
- Increase qualityYou will have constant attention for safety.
- Continuously adapt, optimize operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators
- Analyze the production process (Cycle time and Labor Hours), points out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Supply Chain and Customer SupportSupport:
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex faults and take the necessary initiatives and practical decisions
- For regular support stand-by might be requiredNew Product Introduction:
- Uses his knowledge in product or process development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and improve the manufacturability of the product
- You are actively involved in the release for volume takeover from D&E to Manufacturing
Bachelor or Master in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or comparable.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably in both assembly and test environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage
- Experience in the field of Technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to convince others
- Flexible, can cope with stress
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Strong analytical mind
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement
- Team player
- Good social and communication skills
- Show initiative
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing
- Dutch language skills are a pre
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Production Engineering (EF PS PE) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes of production (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location).The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of EF PS Production Engineering – Layout