Description POWERTRAIN DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
In this function you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project lead engineer of the dedicated project team. The Project Team is responsible for coordinating the development of new innovative concepts for next generation powertrain platform.
In this team you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers you have a key role coordinating the development activities of new or existing constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons.
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know-how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department.
- You work closely together with EU and NA partners to quickly analyze and validate proposals.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques, Automotive SPICE and Agile project management.
- Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Coordination and Timing monitoring of the work packages within a Multidisciplinary Team
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Engine component and system knowledge
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma, Automotive SPICE and Problem Solving skills.
- Analysis of complex set of data
- Strong & clear communication skills [both verbal as presentation wise]
- Pro-Active, creative and result driven
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills or the ability to learn these tools asap
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with working in development projects and simultaneous engineering teams.
- Automotive [Engine Hardware] and Hybrid Technology knowledge is a Pre
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware powertrain concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department is split in 5 groups: Base Engine, Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine After-Treatment.
For the Base Engine group we have an open position for an Powertrain Development Engineer.