Description Commissioning Engineer
The R&D appartment is looking for a Field Support Engineer to join the current team of three field service engineers. The Engineer Field Support will have the responsibility for the installation of R&D machines. As a hands-on generalist, you will perform installations and tests (together with food technologists) and will be involved in all phases of product development.
The Field Support Engineer will:
- Assist in developing and building useable prototypes and evaluate the assembly of the R&D machine he is building.
- Ensure with the food technologists that the product meets yields, performance specification, testing and quality requirements.
- Develop and implements techniques to improve products.
Position requires product development experience, knowledge of manufacturing process, materials knowledge, troubleshooting aptitude and a fundamental understanding about Poultry Processing Systems. Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team.
Education/ Experience/ Skills:
- MBO Degree in mechanical engineering or provable level.
- To be eligible, the candidate must have an extensive knowledge about building machines. Preferably in the food processing industry.
- Usually requires 5+ years of experience in Poultry Processing Technology. Preferably in a installation or production environment of Meyn Equipment.
- Must be able to deal with quick changing focus and the stress of startup in a production environment.
- Excellent in Dutch and English (reading and writing) is a must. German and/or Spanish is a preference.
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis.
- Job requires to be flexible, open minded, positive, inquisitive, analytical, responsible and to keep calm in stressful circumstances.
This client is founded in 1959, and currently located in Amsterdam. They are fully dedicated to food processing for many years now. Their knowledge, equipment, systems and services are available all over the world. Our client is dedicated business partner of numerous renowned food processing companies in over a hundred countries. The machines and equipment are designed in-house and built, before being commissioned at customers all over the world. The Amsterdam location has approximately 500 employees of different nationalities. Because of the global presence of its products our client is very internationally oriented. Consequently it gives different career and ambition opportunities. The culture can best be described as hands-on, open and direct.